In September, I was invited to be on a panel for a PM Forum event in London where we shared some ideas on marketing on a budget. It was geared to professional services: lawyers, accountants, architects but most of the ideas can be applied across industries and sectors. Subsequently, I was asked to write an extended article and that was recently published- “Punching Above Your Weight – Uncommon Sense”.
I’d welcome your feedback and thoughts:
“We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking that created them” Einstein
- 1. Market Internally – as a co-professional and peer.
- 2. Look externally at your clients/customers’ experience
- 3. Go for quick early wins to establish credibility.
- 4. Find, nurture and support your champions – intrapreneurs. Training.
- 5. Establish clear decision making processes.
- 6. React quickly to opportunities.
- 7. Work with and value great suppliers.
- 8. Be curious – look at ideas and trends in other industries and your competitors. Your training and Development
- 9. Recruitment and complaints are great marketing opportunities.
- 10. Be willing to make mistakes, to learn and to apologise.
- 11. Give extra and stand out from the crowd.
My full article can be read here: pm-forum-budget-marketing